What is the best leg workout for beginner in the gym for bigger legs?
Beginner leg workout male, When it comes to leg day, there are memes around muscle soreness. People get afraid of the leg day because of it and they start skipping the leg days. It is the reason people skip leg day and memes are quite popular about it. It is partially true that muscles get sore after the workout. For bigger legs, we need to focus on leg day exercises, form, and volume. Let’s begin with leg workout for beginner in the gym. These are the best beginner leg day workout in the gym. It is the perfect leg workout gym male.
We need to focus on significant leg muscles on leg day to increase strength. We need to focus on strengthening the glutes and core for day-to-day activity. The first exercise in the list is
1. Leg Press:
It is one of the best leg exercise for strengthening your legs.
What does leg press work?
It works on all your leg muscles but it majorly works on quads, hamstrings, and glutes. It helps in building muscle mass in your lower body. There are three-foot positions with which you can work on all these muscle groups. Foot positions for leg press
1. Feet Narrow Position: It works on all the leg muscles and majorly on the outer quad muscles(quadriceps). You can lift more weight with this foot’s position. It also includes quads, hamstring, and glute muscles.
2. Outward Foot Position: What does leg press work in outward foot position? It is the wider stance that primarily focuses on the hamstrings and glutes. It is a hamstring-focused and hip abductor foot position exercise.
3. Regular Foot Position: It works on quads, hamstring, and glutes. But majorly it is quad-centric foot’s position. Everyone focuses on this foot position more. Beginners start with this foot position during their leg workout in gym.
4. Feet High: It is one of the glutes-focused foot stances. It also focuses more on the hamstring. It focuses more on the hamstring and glutes better. For better results, focus on slow movements.
5. Feet Low: Low feet focuses on quads and quadriceps. You will feel the stretch. It will require a range of motion and flexibility. It also helps in all the leg muscle groups. The leg press is one of the perfect leg workouts at the gym for beginners.
It focuses on core with ab workout we can make our core strong. I will discuss it in the next articles about beginner leg and ab workout for strong core.
Follow us on Instagram
1. Don’t lift your hips up: If you lift your hips while performing the exercise you can get injured and may feel discomfort.
2. Don’t lock your knees: If you lock your knees then you are more likely to get injured. It may take a long time to recover from that injury.
2. Leg Extensions:
It is the best leg day exercise for the quads of your legs.
Quadriceps are targeted with this isolation exercise. It helps in building muscle mass in your lower body. Quadriceps muscles are the muscles that are to the front of the thigh. It is one of the isolation exercises for strengthening your leg muscles and helping you define your legs. Great exercise for the definition of leg muscles. Include this exercise in your leg workout in the gym for bigger legs.
1. Don’t lock your knees: While performing the leg extensions you have to be very careful not to lock the knees. It will be bad for your knees. You can be injured while locking the knees on leg extensions.
2. Don’t go too fast: If you perform the exercise too quickly, you won’t be able to engage the muscles you intended to. It is an isolation exercise, so have to focus on the range of motion. The form is more important and range of motion.
3. Don’t lift heavy weights: This is not the exercise to lift heavy. Lifting heavy can damage your knee ligaments on the leg extensions machine. Use this exercise for high reps and focus on the range of motion.
Follow us on Twitter
3. Squats with weights:
Perfect Exercise for your Hamstrings, Quads, and Glutes.
It is called barbell squats. It is one of the best leg exercises in the gym for bigger legs. It is effective for your legs and glutes. It helps strengthen glutes, quadriceps, and hamstrings muscles. It is a compound exercise which means it requires multiple muscle groups to perform the exercise. It increases core strength and it’s good for flexibility as well. It helps in building muscle mass in your lower body.
1. Don’t lock your knees: While performing the weighted squats you should not lock the knees. It will be super bad for your knees. You can get injured while locking your knees on weighted squats.
2. Don’t go too fast: Do not perform this exercise too quickly, you won’t be able to engage the muscles you intended to. It is a compound exercise, so you should focus on a range of motion. Weighted squats with proper form are more beneficial and a good range of motion helps you get the bigger legs.
3. Don’t lift heavy weights: Do not lift heavy, if you can’t control the weight. Lifting heavy can damage your knee ligaments. If you do this exercise properly then you can get the most benefits. Focus on form, range of motion, and progressive overload for bigger and defined legs.
4. Don’t bend your back: It can seriously injure your spine. You have to keep your back straight.
Follow us on Facebook
4. Leg Curls on Machine:
It is one the best leg exercises in gym for the hamstrings and calves.
It is also known as hamstring curls. It is an amazing exercise for strong hamstrings. It is one of the amazing isolation exercises. The hamstrings are the largest muscle of the legs. It focuses on lower back muscles and requires core strength to perform. You have to include this exercise in your leg workout for beginner mainly.
1. Don’t lock your knees: While performing the leg curls you have to be very careful not to lock the knees at the end. It will be bad for your knees. You can be injured while locking the knees on leg curls.
2. Don’t go too fast: If you perform the exercise too quickly, you won’t be able to engage the muscles you intended to. It is an amazing isolation exercise, so you have to focus mainly on the range of motion. The form should be proper and a good range of motion will do wonders.
3. Don’t lift heavy weights: This is not the exercise to lift heavy. Do progressive overload and steadily increase your strength. Focus on the form. Use this exercise for high reps and focus on the range of motion.
4. You should control the weight: People usually don’t control the weight while performing exercise. It will help you gain strength and help you build bigger legs.
Running is amazing and if you want to start running then you can read our blog on What are the benefits of running? here.
What Leg exercises should I do first?
Start with compound exercises and then move on to isolation exercises. Start by focusing on quads, glutes, and hamstring. Move on to the calves muscles at the end. I do squats at first and then I move on to the leg press exercise. Leg extensions and leg curls are the other exercises I focus on after weighted squats and leg presses. At last, I do 2 calves exercises to finish my workout. This is a beginner guide for leg workouts.
You can check our top 5 chest exercises with dumbbells at home here.
We will discuss ab and leg workout for beginner in our upcoming blogs. Our focus will be on how to increase the core strength to maximize the results in all body parts including the chest, back, legs and shoulders. I will get into more depth for a good leg workout for beginner. These are beginner exercises with most benefits. These exercises are the best exercises for a beginner leg workout male.
Leg presses and squats. Any effective leg day must include these two exercises, and we strongly advise beginning with squats. This is because they make use of numerous different muscles and effectively make use of your core.
Lunge variations and hip thrusts/glute brides are two other common leg day workouts. How long should a beginner’s leg day last? Generally speaking, depending on your fitness objectives, it is advised to workout your legs 2–3 times a week.
If you are struggling to gain weight then you can read the article How to weight gain fast? here.